Hi i have another problem this time its to do with masking an object, here is
the code that creates a movieclip then loads an image into to...

        bannerArea = newMovieClip(0xffffff, 0, 0, 420, 173);
        addChildAt(bannerArea,0);

        banner.loadImage("banners/" + xmlClass.xmlData.BannerRef + ".jpg", 0,0,
bannerArea, 420, 173);

Then an item is called from the library and applyed as a mask...

        var maskClip = loadLibrary("maskMC" + xmlClass.xmlData.Mask.toString());
        addChild(maskClip);

        bannerArea.mask = maskClip;

This is the function that calls the item from the library (this isnt currently
working correctly but we have found a quick fix till we have worked out the
masking problem)...

        private function loadLibrary(item)
          {
           var maskClip = new item();
           return maskClip;
          }

Quick fix for code...
        private function loadLibrary(item)
          {
           var maskClip = new maskMC1();
           return maskClip;
          }

The problem areas is not loading items from teh library but its when it applys
the mask i.e. bannerArea.mask = maskClip;

Any one have any ideas?

SM