----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Andrews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Flash Coders List" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 10:24 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] TweenLite, AS2 and negative _xscale

My first outing with TweenLite (AS2).

I've been donated a walk cycle for a project and it sits nicely in a MovieClip.

The walk-cycle is facing left, so I can animate the MovieClip right to left using TweenLite. Perfect.

Problem is that going the other way, I've tried flipping the MovieClip so that it points the to the right by negating the _xscale property. Works perfectly until I try and animate the flipped MovieClip with TweenLite. It dissapears. Remove the negation and it's fine. Leave the MC untweened and it just plays in situ, as expected with the negative _xscale.

Doesn't matter if I flip the horizontal using the ide or do it in actionscript.

I could flip every frame of the walk cycle inside the MC but that's tedious and leaves me with a clean-up operation.

Anyone done this with TweenLite, or should I give up on TweenLite with a MC with a negative _xscale?

Just to say that I've solved the problem by nesting the flipped walk cycle MovieClip in another MovieClip. Happiness.

Paul