I don't think cuepoints are anything inherit to Flash video/NetStream class
but just information that is injected in the flv metadata during encoding.

If you create an array to hold cuepoints as objects and track them with an
interval watching NetStream.time you should be able to create the same
effect.

You could also dig into the mx.video.FLVPlayback and
mx.video.CuePointManager classes to see how Macromedia did it.