Hi All,

I am dealing with a puzzle here, and I can't figure out the best way to
approach this. I come to you all to see what your thoughts are. I will try
my best to explain this, because I am confused, I can't guarantee it will at
all make sense.

I have an ArrayCollection, "workData" that has a list of employee work
information.  I want to merge two of the same data together.

workData[0].pm = "Bob";
workData[0].resource = "Anthony"
workData[0].client = "Microsoft"
workData[0].role = "Developer"
workData[0].job = "XXX-XXXX"
workData[0].week_date = 7
workData[0].totalHours = 40

workData[1].pm = "Bob";
workData[1].resource = "Anthony"
workData[1].client = "Microsoft"
workData[1].role = "Developer"
workData[1].job = "XXX-XXXX"
workData[1].week_date = 14
workData[1].totalHours = 32

workData[2].pm = "Tom";
workData[2].resource = "Anthony"
workData[2].client = "Microsoft"
workData[2].role = "Developer"
workData[2].job = "XXX-XXXX"
workData[2].week_date = 14
workData[2].totalHours = 52

The ArrayCollection displayed here has two matching items, 1 and 2. I want
to merge the two because everything matches except for the week_date and
totalHours, which is fine, that will be my next problem to solve. I want to
create a new ArrayCollection to have 1 and 3 show, while having 1 and 2
merged. What is best way of achieving this? I'm basically taking this data
and displaying it into a datagrid, but I don't want the duplicated items to
display on the datagrid. So, instead of 3 items to display, I want to
display two.

--
Anthony Cintron
Flash || Flex Developer