On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 6:51 AM, Glen Pike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I have a live site where a friend of mine just sees a black page - the
> Flash is written in with SWFObject, but after this nothing happens and he
> sees a black screen - the movie bg colour is #000000
>
>   http://www.sas.org.uk/education/sos/
>
>   This is in Win XP - Firefox 2.0.0.14 with the latest release of Flash
> Player 9.0.124.0 - it also happened with an older version 9.0.45.0(Debug),
> but we upgraded to try and discover the source of the problem.
>
>   The site works fine in IE on his machine and a mirror of the site on
> another domain works fine in FF.  All the files are local to the site, so no
> cross-domain issues here.
>
>   So the question is, do any of you have the same setup as above Win/FF
> 2.0.0.14 FP > 8 and if you visit the URL do any of you just get a blank
> screen?
>   Or, do any of you have any suggestions as to what to look for?
>
>   If it works, you will get "TV" which loads a cartoon guy, etc. etc.
>
>   Thanks in advance.
>
>   Glen.
> --
>
> Glen Pike
> 01326 218440
> www.glenpike.co.uk <http://www.glenpike.co.uk>

Firefox 2.0.0.14, loads fine, except for the beginning of application, that
shows a quick screen with some content, and disappears quickly, to a black
screen until the full loading.. maybe a main preloader fixes your problem.

Cheers!

--
Fábio Pinatti
:: web.developer