Are you working in one domain (sandbox) ? I so, then probably you need
to fix the relative path. If your swf is stored in some folder ie:
http://www.mydomain.co.uk/banner/flash/MY.SWF

and it needs to load the image from:
http://www.mydomain.co.uk/banner/flash/uploadedimage/45/sunset.jpg

You can pass to getURL() (or whatever you use for loading) a value:
"uploadedimage/45/sunset.jpg"  ... just the way it already like it works for you

1)
If you need the absolute URL then you can use:
var myURL:String = _root._url

Its value will be: http://www.mydomain.co.uk/banner/flash/MY.SWF
(only when on-line)

2)
Next, cut off the swf file:
myURL = myURL.substr(0,myURL.lastIndexOf("/"))
trace(myURL); // outputs: http://www.mydomain.co.uk/banner/flash/

3)
...and add you relative path:
myURL += "uploadedimage/45/sunset.jpg";

If you SWF is not in a folder directly above the JPG, then you can cut
off more directories in point 2)