I posted this to Flash_tiger but it seems to be down or something, so I'm xposting it here.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug with the Flash player (9.0.124)?

If you're loading something and during the load you close the browser, the Flash player spits out an Error #2044, from either ioError or IOErrorEvent or both.

Error #2044: Unhandled ioError:. text=Error #2036: Load Never Completed.
Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2036: Load Never Completed.

Ok, fine. Adobe wants to enforce strictness even when you're annihilating the swf, I can deal with that, or so I thought...

I listen for the IOErrorEvent and I try..catch the load and Flash still spits out the same error. What gives? Flash still throws an allegedly unhandled error that I am most assuredly handling?

Sample code:

_loader = new Loader();
_loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, onError, false, 0, true);

try
{
   _loader.load(request);
}
catch (error:Error)
{
   trace("Caught error!", error.name + " :: " + error.message);
}

function onError(event:IOErrorEvent):void
{
   trace("onError", event);
}

I believe I'm doing everything I should do to capture these errors and I still get them. Why?