If you are north american based you might get more info here: http:// www.nacis.org
HTH
Willem van den Goorbergh

Op 17-jun-2008, om 9:34 heeft Haris KRAJINA het volgende geschreven:

Hehe

Google Mercator projection and start doing math . I started working on maps
too and as I can see my employer uses Mercator projection algorithm to
calculate x,y. So my advice to you is to get started with that if you don't
find service that will help you.

Greetings

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rich
Rodecker
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 10:05 PM
To: Flash Coders List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Flashcoders] custom map image geocoding service?

I'm building a flash app which requires some mapping functionality. It's relatively simple, so I'm not sure that it needs all the bells and whistles that come with using google's or yahoo's map services. Basically we have a static U.S./Canada map image (no pan or zoom) that has some interactive markers overlaid on it...pretty much a heatmap I guess. We're already set up with receiving the latitude and longitude coordinates, now i just need to translate that into x,y positions on the map. I know there are services out there that handle this, but I've been searching for a while and most of the results reference back to google or yahoo maps, so I'm thinking I'm not
suing the right search terms.  Does anyone know where I can get this
done...or any other tips/advice that might help?
Thanks,

Rich

Geografiek is a Dutch, Utrecht-based map and chart design company.
Willem van den Goorbergh can be contacted by telephone: (+31) 30-2719512 or cell phone: (+31)6-26372378
or by fax: (+31)302719687
snail mail: Hooghiemstraplein 89 3514 AX UTRECHT
Visit our website at: http://www.geografiek.nl