From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 03 July 2008 08:24
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] AS3 events framework ...

Considering that all events commence with the capture phase (stage to
target), is there anyway to have just one stage listener for all events (of
any type) that kills off event propagation, then routes said event to
perhaps an event manager or function that determines the event type and what
operation is required?

If possible, would this be ideal when you know your application only has
10-15 events (either user or system generated) to account for?

I still don't completely understand the AS3 event framework and it doesn't
seem to make sense to me to have 10 or 15 listeners located throughout an
application. Not to mention the fact that, as far as I'm aware, within any
class from which you want to listen for an event, you need to have a
instance of the dispatching object, then add the listener to the same
object?