I just completed a project involving RTL Hebrew - using Flash 8.

RTL is not supported in Flash static text fields, but if you are loading
data from external text/xml files which are encoded using UTF-8, the RTL
carries through. The only thing you have to do is set the alignment of the
text field to the right, and the text will be right-aligned and Flash will
render the characters in the dynamic text field in the right-to-left order.

To edit RTL text/xml data on Windows XP, you will first need to enable RTL
support by going to the Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options ->
Languages -> "Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages
(Including Thai)"

~Ricky