-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven
Sacks
Sent: Sunday, 6 July 2008 9:41 a.m.
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Netstream fails to close

The only bug with NetStream that I know of is if you're spamming it with

new streams too quickly.  The solution is to throttle the requests.

A safe time to wait between changing the streams is 250ms.

It's really simple to write a queueing system that does this.  You just
overwrite the same variable and reset the timer.

var currentStream:String;
var timer:Timer = new Timer(250, 1);
timer.addEventListener(TimerEvent.TIMER, onTimerEvent);

function queueNewStream(value:String):void
{
    currentStream = value;
    timer.reset();
    timer.start();