Thanks for the tips.
I tried it on two different machines and after restart of both Flash and the
computer.
I also did check the autodeclare thing.

What's more I did manage to narow the problem to one line of recently
modified code and still don't get it.

I've got an array containing subtitle data (:
subtitles:Aray = [
new SubtitleAction ("bbb", 3, 3)
, new SubtitleAction ("bbb", 8, 3)
, new SubtitleAction ("bbb", 15, 3)
, new SubtitleAction ("bbb", 21.5, 3)
, new SubtitleAction ("bbb", 24, 3)
etc.
]

where SubtitleAction is simply a datatype class with following constructor:

public function SubtitleAction (text:String, triggerTime:Number ,
durationTime:Number)
        {
            super (TYPE_SUBTITLE);
            this.text = text;
            this.triggerTime = Math.floor(triggerTime);
            this.durationTime = durationTime;
        }

It does nothing else except being used by another part of application (which
manages display of subtitles).
SubtitleAction extends another class: ActionEvent but it makes use of only
one super's variable: 'type', which is set to constant: TYPE_SUBTITLE. The
problem starts when I try to set triggerTime not to a round number but to
21.5 for example like in the fourth line. To make sure that it's nothing
that would cause problem anywhere further I added Math.round () to round the
value in the constructor BUT it still adding .5 to 21messes up the whole
app. No compiler or regular runtime errors, just a bunch of 1065 Errors
begining with "Variable (my DocumentClass name ) is not defined".

I can live with round numbers of seconds to adjust the subtitles, but I
can't without understanding what's happening here. :-)

Best,
Konrad