----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Reinfeld" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Flash Coders List'" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 8:53 PM
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] AS3 - MovieClip in MovieClip not showing

Hi Cor,

If you comment out the lines where you are attempting to set the height and
width properties then the text will be visible.

MovieClip.width and MovieClip.height are not listed as MovieClip properties
in the documentation. Maybe you should switch to Sprites.

I'm afraid that you are completely wrong there. A MovieClip has a height and width.

If this was AS2 you still would not be able to assign values to _width and
_height for an empty movieclip.

That may be more the issue here too. I suspect it's more to do with setting the height and width properties before adding the object to the display list.

Paul

Regards,

-Keith
http://keithreinfeld.home.comcast.net