Hi,

I would say that "you cannot" may not be 100% correct. You probably could with AS3 as you can load anything in Binary format and manipulate the file as you see fit. It just probably has not been done yet...

You could look at Server Side code to deal with your PDF and turn it into an image to load in. There are a few things around that will generate images from PDF's, etc.

   Starting here would be a good bet:

   http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/home.html

   Glen

Steven Sacks wrote:
You cannot load a PDF into Flash. You must have misread any article that you think said you could.

ali drongo wrote:
Hiya, does anyone know the best way to get a PDF into my SWF as a viewable, scalable moveiclip?I've done a bit of research on this but most articles I
find are a few years old.
I would like the user to be able to upload a pdf then view it in the flash application and move it about, scale and rotate it. I've come across Alive PDF which seems to let you download a PDF from a flash app but I would like
to do this the other way around, in AS2 or AS3.

Any suggestions / advice gratefully received :)
Thanks
Ali

Glen Pike
01326 218440