Something that should be sooo easy always seems to be a real struggle in flash. I had finally worked out how to do it in as2 and now all the parameters have changed again in as3.

I have read various articles on the subject and get most of it. I have one swf with two font symbols exported in the library and used registerfonts. These are now available in my other swf that is loading them, however I want it to be multi lingual and therefore have different font libraries.

The bit I am falling down on is defining the character sets. Now if I had a texfield then I would just choose the character sets but I cannot see how to do that with a font symbol.

Any help, different approach, links much appreciated, I hate flash and fonts - nothing but a pain!!

Links I have already seen:

http://www.betriebsraum.de/blog/2007/06/22/runtime-font-loading-with-as3-flash-cs3-not-flex/

http://developer.yahoo.com/flash/articles/runtime-fonts-as3.html

Please note that this is for the flash IDE and not flex.

Cheers