_currTime = new Date().getMilliseconds();//??

Ali Drongo wrote:
Hiya, I can't see the wood for the trees with this one. I;m getting an error message of type mismatch when I try and add 1000 onto the date to increase it by 1 second for a timer.

I'm sure I am doing something wrong that is patently obvious but I'm not sure what and this is driving me mad!

Any help really appreciated, i have to get this working today :)

here's my code:

public function update():Void
{
currTime +=1000;// gives Type mismatch in assignment statement: found Number where Date is required.
}

public function phpLoaded():Void
{ //receives time since jan 1970 from php
    var str:String = arguments.caller.lv.toString();
    var myA:Array = new Array();
    myA = str.split("=")
    //get computer time
    trace("servertime:"+myA[0]);
    connectedTime = new Date();
    connectedTime += myA[0];
    currTime = new Date();
    currTime = connectedTime;
    trace("====="+currTime.toString());
    clearInterval(secondInterval);
    update();
    secondInterval = setInterval(this, "update", 1000);

Glen Pike
01326 218440
www.glenpike.co.uk <http://www.glenpike.co.uk>