Check out "Head First Design Pattens" (oreilly). It's an easy to comprehend
book on patterns and software design goodness. The book examples are in Java,
so if you can read AS3 you'll be able to read sample code.

It a great resource to learn not only what interfaces are, but why and when you
want to use them. IMO its made EAS3 *much* easier going. Moock's interface /
pattern explanations make much more sense after spending some time with Head
First Design Pattens.

-Steven Loe