>> what I'm concerned about is having to jump from AS2 to AS3 to some sort of
>> AS3.1

There is nothing to be concerned about. AS3 is not different.  The fact that
there are new features to the Flash 10 player just means there are more classes
you can do cool things with than you could in Fp9.  The language isn't changing
at all - there are just new libraries.  That's all. It’s still AS 3.0 - there
is no AS 3.1.  There is however, a new Flash CS4 framework to tap into an
compile new class libraries to FP10 which has these new features.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Instructional Technology & Media
Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community
Are you a Bank of America associate interested in innovative learning ideas and
technologies?
Check out our internal  Innovative Learning Blog & subscribe.