Hi,

   Have a look at this tutorial:

   http://www.monkeyflash.com/flash/drag-and-drop-in-as3/

You may want to be looking at / checking if event.target.dropTarget for the MOUSE_UP handler.

   This post gives you a better idea about MOUSE_LEAVE:

   http://www.ericd.net/2007/09/mouseleave-annoyance.html

Basically, if your mouse leaves the stage area I would suggest "dropping" what you are dragging - look at the currentTarget of the MOUSE_LEAVE event for the "draggee" rather than target, which will be the stage.

   HTH

   Glen

Lord, Susan, CTR, DSS wrote:
Thanks for the information. I think that may be part of my problem.  I
tried out the code on that site and Flash does not like the following
circle.contains(event.target)

If I take that out the code runs, but of course doesn't work.

Does anyone know where I can find a good example on how to do a drag and
drop in as3? I never had issues with this in 2.

Thanks!
Susan