Hi,

You might be able to do this easier by using getPixels() / setPixels() and manipulating the returned Byte Array.

   Here are some links that may help you do this fast:

   http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=741099

   http://laserpirate.com/flashblog/?p=12

   HTH

   Glen

sebastian wrote:
hi folks,

can any one shed some light to me on the setpixel32 and getpixel32?

I'd like to be able to affect just one of the 4 components: A R G or B independently of another.

Essentially, read the current ARGB using getPixel32 and then manipulate just one part of it, in my case, halve the current "A" value of the ARGB and then re-assign it back to the bitmap.

//1: grab the HEX value for the current coordinate:
var val:uint = getPixel32(x,y);

//2: manipulate the HEX value of just 1 of the 4 parts, in my case the A of the ARGB:
????

//3: re-assign it back to the display:
setPixel32(x,y,val);

Thanks for your help!