Hi Andrew,
   As far as I remember, the YouTube .swf is a shell around an .flv.

   So the dimensions of the shell .swf may bear absolutely no
resemblance at all to the size of the contained video; and off-hand, I
can't think of a way to get at the contained video size. But aren't
they all consistent in YouTube - I mean - does it ever vary?

  In other words, I think your loaderInfo.width and loaderInfo.height
are correct _for the Youtube shell .swf_ - but it, in turn, contains
an FLV, and you have no way to get at that scaling.

  I'm just guessing here. :-) But AFAIK, loaderInfo.width and .height
are correctly returning the width and height encoded into the SWF
header. They do give you the stage size.

Ian