Hmm,

I did a bit of a test on this recently with a PHP based server just to test read & write in Flash with a binary socket...

I have uploaded a zip containing 2 flash apps - reader & writer that use 12 byte packets across a simple "echoing" socket server which writes packets out to all of the clients except the sending one:

   http://glenpike.co.uk/misc/socketstuff.zip

I think managed to get about 60packets/s out of it before it started doubling up / dropping packets (this was on a local machine though).

One thing I have noticed with sockets though is that some servers will spew a load of packets at once rather than one at a time - this is one of the things I was trying to discover with my test and prove that the error was on the server side :)

If you don't have the facilities to run command line PHP, you can easily enough roll your own with examples on line.

   HTH

   GLen

eric e. dolecki wrote:
I am curious if anyone knows how fast Flash can generally accept socket data
without dropping messages.
Thanks,
Eric

Glen Pike