>> The language itself lends itself to spaghetti coding, because MXML can
easily turn into nesting hell.

I would say ANY language can lend itself to that.  What you're really attacking
is the concept behind XML, not MXML.

XML and nesting is an ADVANTAGE in my opinion when it comes to layout.  It's
not great for coding non-visual logic, that's what Actionscript is for.  Most
Flex developers will tell you they use MXML for UI and UI effects, and they use
Actionscript for logic.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America     Instructional Technology & Media   ·   GCIB & Staff Support
L&LD

Interested in Flash Platform technologies?  Join the Bank of America Flash
Platform Developer Community
Interested in innovative ideas in Learning?  Check out the Innovative Learning
Blog and subscribe.