Just for clarification, it was 4 bytes (the size of an empty MovieClip in AS2). I don't know if it's the same in AS3 (don't care enough to look into it).

I don't think that's the issue he's having. I think he's saying the bytesLoaded is returning correctly, but the bytesTotal is 0 the entire load.

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution.

Glen Pike wrote:
Hi,

Are you waiting until the totalBytes > 7 (or some other small value) First time round on some preloaders I have noticed that totalBytes was 0, so put in a catch for this:

   if(lb == tb && tb > 7) {
      loaded = true;
   }

Christian Giordano wrote:
I've a strange bug which seems on the Flash Player. Basically on
Windows / IE when the page is reloaded, the preloader logs the
progress of the bytesLoaded correctly, but the totalBytes are
incredibily 0. I tried both to check the ProgressEvent or the
loader.contentLoaderInfo itself, the result doesn't change.

I am wondering if anyone have ever encountered in this absurd issue (I
couldn't find anything on the web).

Thanks, chr