Re: [Flashcoders] Custom eventListener thread
is an interesting topic but it has attached itself to the
Re: [Flashcoders] Pixel precise thread

In Mozilla's Thunderbird I sort on topic and so I miss these fascinating discussions because the threads are mangled.
Does it mess up the archives when people don't start new threads?

John

Lehr, Ross (N-SGIS) wrote:
Hey All...

     I'm having trouble with a custom event listener.  I'm working on
experiment browser project trying to learn as3, OOP, and AIR.  I
broadcasting the URL after a web page is loaded and I need a text box to
listen for it.  I've added a trace to me urlLoadedEvent class and I know
the URL is getting there (so, I think it's getting broadcasted ok), but
it's not getting to the text box.  I think I have my listener in the
wrong place, but not sure where to put it.  I don't have my exact code
here, but below are some code snippets.  Thanks for any and all help.

Ross

------ DISPACTING  EVEN

In a loadComplete function urlLocation = text field for the URL string

        dispatchEvent(new urlLoadEvent(urlLocation.text));

------ urlLoadEvent Class (when I trace urlLocation I am getting the URL
string)

package
{
        import flash.events.*;

        public class urlLoadEvent extends Event
        {
                public static const URL_CHANGED = "urlChanged";
                public var urlLocation:String;

                public function urlLoadEvent(urlL:String):void
                {
                        super(URL_CHANGED);
                        urlLocation = urlL;
                        trace(urlLocation);

------ I'm not sure where to attach this.

???????.addEventListener(urlLoadEvent.URL_CHANGED, onURLChange);