To my knowledge all flash integration for multi-touch has been made possible by using flosc by ben chun, or with OpenCV and touchLib; however, what I am proposing is that it is possible directly through the use of the flash player and a simple cam rig. I think that it should be possible, and at least somewhat comparably fast, considering the player doesn't have to parse xml socket data on a continuous basis, and all image conversions are done by the player. I do concede that doing in c++ will most likely prove to be faster; however, I figure why not try it out.

Since I know c++ somewhat I figure I will probably look at their libraries if I get stuck; yet, in the meanwhile, this is a nifty experiment.

Here is the video that sparked it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQpr3W-YmcQ

Colour tracking would be efficient in a system where you have multi coloured thimbles or reflective tape, which is what I was thinking of when I came up with this idea. http://anthony-pace.deviantart.com/art/add-VR-to-current-FPS-GAMES-91091960

Ian Thomas wrote:
I was actually thinking of Mario's lecture at FoTB 2008 where he used
very similar algorithms to read square barcodes (whatever those things
are called) from a webcam. Not multitouch, but there's a lot of
similar code (spotting areas of colour, eliminating noise).

Worth a look, Anthony.

Funnily enough we were talking about exactly the same system for
multitouch here yesterday - spotting areas of colour. One of our
developers had seen some demo of a similar system on TV over the
weekend...

Ian