it is not a matter of languages... I could achieve the same usiing C# .NET
but the idea is that I wanna achieve it with actionscript... In .NET I can
connect to any application that listen to socket connections attempt from
another application anywhere on a network or internet.
All I want to do with AIR is to be able to send and receive strings or
binary data to/from two computer running the same AIR application.

Can I connect to an Air application using sockets? that is my question. Plus
I think it is too late learning Java now.. I would like to stick with the
Adobe Platform (loyal user...) :)

cheers