>> Good suggestion Jason, but the issue is that when he rolls over a shape, its
>>going to broadcast mouse out for the container. The custom event idea would
>>still work if the custom shape events conditionally broadcast a
>>container_mouse_out event based on a hit test.

But what I am saying is that doesn't matter - he's going to instead (if he
tries my idea) completely get rid of his listeners for mouse overs of these
containers and children, and listen for custom events that bubble up instead.
The dispatching will be done inside the children's and container's own class
definition, triggered by mouse over event, but within the class - this will
trigger the custom event to bubble.  At that point, who cares if the
off-the-shelf mouseover events bubble, he wouldn't be listening for those
anyway, only within the individual child classes in order to dispatch the
custom events.  Make sense?  That said, I could have a gaping hole in this idea
I'm not seeing at the moment...

Jason Merrill
Bank of America     Instructional Technology & Media   ·   Learning Performance
Solutions L&LD

Interested in Flash Platform technologies?  Join the Bank of America Flash
Platform Community
Interested in innovative ideas in Learning?  Check out the Innovative Learning
Blog and subscribe.