Cool, thanks Ian,

I had assumed that the "currentDomain" would be the default (or at least the
related behavior). I read this from the documentation:

"By putting the loaded SWF file in the same application domain, you can
access its classes directly. This can be useful if you are loading a SWF
file that contains embedded media, which you can access via their associated
class names, or if you want to access the loaded SWF file's methods..."
That's exactly the kind of @#! I'm talkin' about!

So I will try using Loader with the ApplicationDomain.currentDomain
parameter.

-jonathan

-jonathan howe