Hi,

   I am using the flash.text.engine classes not the flashx.textLayout ones.

All I want to do is put some text into the equivalent of a button text field and have it aligned to the right if my text is in Arabic - I don't need all the extra Text Layout Framework stuff for this (hopefully).

   Glen

Cedric Muller wrote:
Hello Glen,

Assuming you have a TextFlow instance called 'myTextFlow), you can tweak the paragraphFormat property:

var paragraphFormat = new ParagraphFormat(myTextFlow.paragraphFormat);
paragraphFormat.textAlign = "right"; // "left", "center", "justify", "start", "end" (start/end is useful for RTL + LTR multi language applications)
myTextFlow.paragraphFormat = paragraphFormat;
myTextFlow.flowComposer.updateAllContainers();

This applies the new paragraphFormat.align property to your whole textFlow object (ie: all the text).

hth,
Cedric

Hi,

   Quick question about the new text engine in Flash 10...

I am using the "simple" text engine rather than the full on text layout framework, but can anyone tell me how I set the alignment of a TextElement / TextBlock / TextLine???

   Thanks..

   Glen