Sure. Reasonable good practice to catch exceptions. I normally use it for things like catch the exception and try it once again and if it fails for the second time. I will show an error message or try secondary option.
Technically, it's good practice/professional to use try-catch-finally blocks
in your actionscript logic. This ensures a robust, easily debugg-able
application.

However, can anyone comment if they actually use try-catch-finally or
whether anyone is for or against it's use.

I ask because I've received an application (which streams vidoe) that was
blowing out numerous users CPUs to 100%. Upon further investigation, it
appears that a netstream event is firing 20 times a second, and within the
listener (listener function that is) for the event, there is a
try-catch-finally block. I removed the try-catch-finally and CPU usage
halved on my machine.
Anyone care to comment for or against try-catch-finally and it's use.

Steve.