I might not have looked at them in while; yet, I think I know what you are talking about. One of them reminded me of this weired thing I saw in the bathroom once, and I figure just dragging a gradient through an outer circular membrane would have a great looking movement effect; yet, I really want functional hairs/feelers.

I appreciate all the other responses too.

Some of the liquidjourney.com experiments are pretty cool, nicoptere.net makes me want to learn more french, and I might be able to build on the bacteria generator idea; yet, the surface really needs to influence the position of the feelers, or vise versa, and I really want to know which of my ideas for placement is best, and perhaps what the most effective way of doing it might be. Maybe its just moving the hairs and the sections of membrane between the hair/feelers get squished, meaning I should be dealing with straight lines instead of curves? But I really want it to look pretty too.

Creating more control points along the curve would allow me to have accuracy; yet, I would have to move each point and recalculate (what I think is referred to as) the kappas (somebody correct me if I am talking quasi-math gibberish) for each bezier segment to maintain a curved membrane; however, I could calculate the length of each bezier line segment and place the hairs according based on averaging and plotting along the locus of the quadratic that the bezier creates. I am not pressed for time with this one, as it is a personal project, so, if it comes down to it, I will try everything.

Thanks again for the responses,
Anthony

jonathan howe wrote:
This may sound a little kooky but if you have access to a copy of Resident
Evil 5, you might want to check out the game setup menu screens for
inspiration. At each level of the menu, they have different cells... one
trick that they do is tween the blur of an item so it looks like it's moving
in/out of the depth of field of the microsoft. I'm sure you can see the way
they apply transformations to a shape by watching it for a little bit.

-jonathan