To: <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:29 AM
Subject: [Flashcoders] Proof of Concept - HTTPService object doesn't require crossdomain-policy file

Hi, thanks for all the response to my question about the crossdomain.xml. But... I didn't get a lot of response to the fact that HTTPService can access public feeds/content on other sites without the need of a crossdomain.xml

Please check out the code included at the end of this post. I've created a small AIR application (with a certificate) and it works without a problem.

Am I missing something?

But again.. if my Flash app isn't allowed to access content on another site, I can always throw together a simple php-script that extracts the content for me that my Flash then can read...

And then I can go ahead and create my evil banner ad. ;-)

I understand that crossdomain policy files are here to stay. I just don't understand why they don't allow me to access content on other domains that I can access in other ways and then pass on to Flash.

--
Johan Nyberg

Web Guide Partner
Engelbrektsplan 1