Hi,

It looks like the CSS for flash does not seem to support margin-bottom, or padding. You might be able to change the "leading" on the last list item, but that might not be fun...

   leading = line-height.

I don't think you need to put the <ul> in to define a list, just add a list item <li>

If it's any consolation, bulleted lists in normal HTML & CSS are not much better...

AS2 and AS3 upto FP10 are fairly similar. You might be able to squeeze a bit more fanciness out of the new Text Engine stuff in FP10, but it probably is not worth the time and effort for doing <li>'s - maybe for curiosity's sake though :)

   Glen

allandt bik-elliott (thefieldcomic.com) wrote:
hi guys

I am loading some xml with css to do my text but one of the things that's
been asked for is bulletted lists

currently i have paragraphs with css classes and manually added bullet
points which is clunky to say the least. It doesn't maintain the left
alignment to the text (if the line breaks, it goes back to the bullet point
position) and i have to keep adding the bullet points (alt-0149 i hate thee)

I started looking at using a proper <ul> but it seems to have a 20px gap on
the left and bottom of the list. I can get rid of the gap to the left with a
margin-left style but is there any way of getting rid of the gap at the
bottom?

if not, how would i go about getting the text to align properly with the
text rather than with the bullets? I've tried a positive margin-left style
with a negative text-indent but that doesn't seem to work

thanks guys
best

Glen Pike
01326 218440