Sorry to be so dinosaur, but is there something like this for AS2?
Encoding and decoding sent data for and AS2 project?

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com

On May 20, 2009, at 6:17 PM, Steven Sacks wrote:

Agreed!

On May 20, 2009, at 3:45 PM, Taka Kojima wrote:

IMO, there are times to use JSON and times to use XML.

JSON is very easy to implement and not very hard to grasp... all you're basically doing is running an encode when you send data out and a decode
when you bring data in. So you only need two functions.

E4X is definitely powerful, however if you're just sending small bits of data back and forth and don't need to do any complex filtering/ sorting of data in Flash, JSON will definitely do the trick, and I would recommend it
over XML.

- Taka