I appreciate the response, and I recognize what you say as true.

One of the things I see for this alignment tool as really useful is when you
want to make an image fit inside of a certain 'viewable area' and make it
centered in that area, like making a thumbnail get bigger for a slideshow
thing of sorts.

I even found a bug in the flash player while working on it...
If you have an object with a stroke and the stroke scale mode set to 'none'
and you change the scale of that object, when you call getBounds() on that
object, the getBounds rectangle includes the stroke as if the stroke scale
mode was set to 'normal'.
example of bug <http://www.cataclysmicrewind.com/flash/bug.swf>
Submitted Bug <https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-452>

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:42 AM, Hans Wichman <j.c.wich...@objectpainters.com