Hey Glen, I just saw this, but you don't have a semicolon ";" at the end of your "url" string.

Karl

On Jul 17, 2009, at 10:36 AM, Glen Pike wrote:

Hi,

I am having a problem using LoadVars.load with a url that only rears it's head on the standalone version of the linux flashplayer...

  It's old ropey code, but here is the main bit...:

    var pollVars:LoadVars;
  pollVars = new LoadVars();
  pollVars.container = this;
  pollVars.onData = fPollData;
  //...
    function fPollAxis() {
var url:String = "http://"; + _root.ipAddress + ":7766/? command=bus_data&bus=1&addr=" + axis.device + "&data=09" + ch + "&reply=true" //var url:String = "http://192.168.0.24:7766/? command=bus_data&bus=1&addr=6&data=0901&reply=true";
      pollVars.load(url);
  }

  function fPollData(str:String) {
        trace("fPollData " + str);
     //...
  }

This code works in the browser and standalone in Windows - Flashplayer 9/10 versions The code works in the browser (Firefox 3.0.11) Flashplayer 10.0.22.87 The code does not work in the normal / debug Linux standalone player - 10.0.22.87 - the returned String passed to fPollData is always "undefined" The server is a custom one and we had some problems with the cross-domain policy request on this server - fixed by implementing the ContentType header. The only thing I can think that may cause the problem is that the server is not very good at sending out it's headers properly - it's obviously not a problem in some versions of the player, but could it be this causing the problem (Is Flash Player Linux standalone really that fussy about headers compared to the browser version??)

Apart from that and maybe some old code, are there any problems with LoadVars that people know about?

   Glen

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com