hi guys
i really hope you can help me with this:

i'm getting the following error from the flex_sdk_3 when compiling with
flashdevelop

'undefined' is an unexpected token. Expecting white space. Line 1, position
58.

   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at FlashViewer.Controls.FlashView.FlashMovieFlashCall(Object sender,
_IShockwaveFlashEvents_FlashCallEvent e)

it happens when the following method fires

public function destroy():void
{
Debug.add("Destroying preloader");
 for (var i:int = 0; i < this.numChildren; i++)
{
removeChildAt(0);
}
 _sprPreloader = null;
_tfPercent = null;
_tfmtPercent = null;
_percentBar = null;
_assetLoader = null;
 parent.removeChild(this);
}

more specifically, it's this line (i've tested with and without it)
parent.removeChild(this);

this is something i've used numerous times before successfully and i don't
really understand why it would be affecting the XmlTextReader (!!)

could anyone shed some light on this please as it's a bit of a mystery to me

thanks