Hey all, wondering if anyone can give me direction on this:

I have a large video site, the vid area is 1000x600. Videos are
streaming from Akamai.

It's playing fine on large computers w/fast connections; Needless to
say it's getting chugging on slower/older setups.

I would like to enable the range of computers it works on by
optimizing the video.

which one of the following would work better:

1. shrink the data rate from like 850kbps to like 550kbps

2.export the video at like 800x400 and then stretch it up.

Obviously I could just try this, but I'm wondering what the logic
behind it is and if there are any best practices.

Thanks!