this is possibly a very basic problem,   I'm still building my dynamic
global sub nav, slooowly.

what I want to know if can I add a string to a function,

I have my initial first level navigation, I click a button and then if the
button has children in that section it says true and then brings up the
corresponding children to populate that subnav,

I was going to have 3 separate functions for the subnavs

////what I'm unsure about is the line:  'createSubNav "+page"();

///I wanted to then have the following functions createSubNavHis
createSubNavHers    createSubNavTheirs

//is this possible?

//here is my code on the first level buttons///

function mouseClickHandler(e:Event):void {

                                                //var siteNav:XML =
IXml(assets.siteNav).xml;

                                                var
page:String=e.target.label.text;

                                                trace(page);

                                                targetPage=e.target.linkTo;

                                                //targetPage =
e.target.linkTo;

                                                if
(e.target.kiddies.children().length()>0) {

hasChildren=true;

TweenMax.to(nav1, 0.25, {x:-200, ease:Bounce.easeInOut});

trace(e.target.kiddies.children());

                                                                createSubNav
"+ page"() ;

trace(hasChildren);