From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Olivier
Besson
Sent: 04 September 2009 14:47
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] product sector zoomer

it seems that your example uses 2 different images (low-res and high-res).
The high-res would have to be behind a mask.
The rest is geometry ...

A question raising to mind is: do you want to display the zoom area in
front of HTML (oustside the flash movie), as in your example, or should
it be in a dedicated area of your flash movie?

I suspect it's not possible to display content outside the flash movie
in pure actionscript (without javascript).

thomas horner a écrit :

> need to create a product zoomer like the javascript zoomer, but in as3,
>

> could this by done by bitmap data and scaling up or by masking of the
larger
> image and panning to the relevant co-ordinates.
>

> if any one knows of any literature or tutorials ?
>

> http://www.magictoolbox.com/magiczoom/
>

> thanks

Olivier Besson (gludion) - (33 1) 44 64 78 99
http://www.gludion.com
http://blog.gludion.com