My experience with SWF to Video is that it's using a pretty low-tech
solution - essentially it stepped through your movie one frame at a time and
captured & encoded that frame. So, it tended to not work well on MovieClips,
scripted animation, etc. A great tool for, say, converting a popular cartoon
website into DVD, but lousy for anything with modern/script-based
techniques.

-jonathan

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Ashim D'Silva <as...@therandomlines.com>wrote:

> Pretty sure CS4 handles it fine. Including actionscripted animation.
> Haven't pushed it hard, but worth a shot.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ashim
>
> The Random Lines
> My online portfolio
> www.therandomlines.com
>

> 2009/10/21 Joel Stransky <j...@stranskydesign.com>:
> > Ok, I'm well aware of the limitation in exporting an .fla to quicktime.
> You
> > only get the main timeline, no sub clips or scripted animation. What I'm
> > asking is if there's some new product on the market that has tackled this
> > issue successfully. So far is looks like a screen reader is the way to
> go,
> > I'd just like to get some alpha (key) control over the output that
> doesn't
> > require me recording it over a green background.
> >
> > Thanks for any direction.
> >
> > --
> > --Joel Stransky
> > stranskydesign.com