From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Kerry
Thompson
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 5:28 AM
To: 'Flash Coders List'
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Timeline Streaming Sounds Playing Early?

 Dave Dev wrote:

> I have a frame with a stop actionscript command. The next frame has a
> streaming sounds and a frame label. At runtime, Flash stops at the stop
> command frame, but then plays a very brief portion of the streaming sound
in
> the next frame. Placing some frames in between the sound and command seems
> to fix(?) the problem. This occurs on Windows XP, but not Mac OS X using
> Flash Player 8.

Hmm... which version of Flash are you using? Is the sound in the library, or
in an external audio file? Is the sound played with an AS command, or is it
on the time line?

Sorry to ask so many questions. The way you describe it, it sounds like a
bug in Flash, but something like that should have been found and fixed long
ago. I suspect there's more going on--possibly something you don't know
about, or that treats the audio in a way you haven't thought of.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson