I worked a few times with HTMLText and the Link event, and didn't run into
any significant problems. If I were you, i'd not be looking at any problems
with
that event, but more or less see what the differences are in the Director
environment.

I've not worked with Director alot, but does it embed it's own flash player?
And which
version does it embed, maybe there's some differences there.

good luck,
Meinte

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Wenzler, Thomas <wenz...@stodt.de> wrote:

> Hi list,
> I'm currently building an application with FlashDevelop/FlashIDE that
> gets embedded into a Director standalone later on.
> My content gets loaded from xml files with CDATA sections containing
> html-formatted text like this chunk here:
> Marker: <a href='event:abcde'>test</a>
> oder PDF:<a href='event:test.pdf'>mein pdf</a>
> oder Link : <a href='event:http://www.mydomain.de'>mydomain.de</a>
> ansteuern.
> The event is then captured by my swf and sent to the embedding Director
> App via LocalConnection.
> My problem is that at random one of my href's seems not to be
> captured(no linkage, no hand cursor, like it was plain text), even
> worse, testing it standalone yields different results from testing it
> with Director(in flash, all links work, in director one fails), and
> worst of all embedding the same CDATA in different xml files yields
> different failures (flash fails with one of the links embedded that
> worked flawlwssly in another xml) with the same data-I can see no method
> in this madness.
> Fruitless efforts to debug this included setting the textfields to
> selectable(after googling the TextEvent) to no avail.
> So I need
> a) some hint how to deal with textEvent.LINK properly and error-free
> or
> b) a plan B to capture links from html-formatted xml nodes and trigger
> some functions in Director.
>
> Kind of frustrated at the moment, glad for every input.
> Thanks in advance
> Thomas

Meinte van't Kruis

Freelance Flash Platform Dev (mxml,actionscript,flex,air)

malatze
http://www.malatze.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/meinte
mei...@malatze.com