From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of allandt
bik-elliott (thefieldcomic.com)
Sent: vrijdag 15 januari 2010 11:35
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: [Flashcoders] What is your policy on loading files?

Hi guys

I'm re-looking at my microsite building engine and rewriting it for MVC but
something is bothering me that i was hoping to get a consensus on.

How do you load your (micro)sites? Do you:
1 load the entire site at the start by loading a single xml file and
trawling it for assets
2 load the entire site at the start by loading a single xml file plus
3 load each page in using a separate xml file as it's needed
4 load the homepage and start preloading the pages while the user is on the
homepage to cut down wait time for the pages
5 load each view as it's used by the user? So if a link in a page was
clicked that created a popup in flash, flash would load the assets for the
popup when the link was clicked
6 something else?

if you have the time, i'd really appreciate your input

thanks
13:39:00