if you're doing shape tweens you need to start playing with shape hints.
These give you a point which you snap to a point at the start of the tween
and then there's a matching one where you'd like that point to finish at the
end of the tween.

I warn you now - you should do a step and if you like the results duplicate
the timeline to keep a backup and keep on working like that because shape
tweens get really out of hand, really quickly

good luck