FYI - Beno expressed a preference for Python, I think he does not like PHP, he said "oh...ugh...php".

Me - used to PHP, but liking some of Python's powerful list stuff, (not using it for web and thoroughly enjoying that fact :)

Beno - BTW, if you can write classes in Python you can write classes in PHP too. Not sure about the comparison between functional PHP & functional Python though. If you want to leverage your AS3 to Python backend stuff. Have a look at PyAMF or some of the other systems that may be out there. AMFPHP & PyAMF supports passing SQL recordsets straight back to Flash which is really powerful - you can just pass the SQL query result straight back to Flash and set it as the dataprovider for data-grids. I have never used PyAMF, but the PHP version is nice and AMF remoting is worth looking at if you plan to do a lot of Flash->Server communication, why?

http://www.jamesward.com/census/

HTH

Glen

Gustavo Duenas wrote:
Hi Beno, you can try this one:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/brimelow_lee/php_mysql/video-tutorial.php

here is a tutorial how to use php + mysql and flash, but is as Glen wrote, it is servce side, you have to have a server in order to prove it, or at least use mamp on your mac or whatever the kind is for windows.

Regards,

Gus