I think the statement was justified... this is Flashcoders. I just wanted to state that developing UIs like that isn't limited to Flash, that's all. :)

After doing more research, it's entirely possible that this is running on an iPad. We just can't tell from the video if that really is, in fact, the case. Whether or not it's an iPad though doesn't mean much in the context of the coolness of the application itself.

I think any technology could be used to develop an application like this - from WPF/SL, Flash to more complex environments using Cocoa, openFrameworks and VVVV.

That last comment though – whether or not it makes sense – is probably the largest unknown. I can see many reasons why choosing Cocoa would be better than choosing Flash, in the case of iPhone development. Or, in the case of a windows platform target, I can see reasons why WPF/SL or Surface would be chosen.

I think we're all past the question of 'what framework/kit/language can we do that in?' If given the time, we can do pretty much anything in any language.

I like to think that these days, it's the hardware that limits us.

- j