I don't think a class can have children, only instances of classes can. (skating on thin ice now ;-)) Also I don't know by heart all the error codes. So please, if you refer to an error code give the full text.

I bet your trace resulted in something like [object, MyClass], litteraly meaning that the parent is an object and an instance of MyClass.
Somewhere you have created that instance with myVar = new MyClass();
so the parent is accessible through myVar.

Also: somewhere you have added my_obj to myVar with myVar.addChild (my_obj)
Remove it with myVar.removeChild(my_obj)
If you did just 'addChild(my_obj)' (that is within myVar) you can say 'removeChild(my_obj)' (of course also within myVar)
HTH
Willem