<<You just have to make sure everything you need is preloaded before you start
running>>

How would I do that?

From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Kerry Thompson
[al...@cyberiantiger.biz]
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 3:05 PM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Simulated load time and preloading XML

Theodore Lehr wrote:

> Can I put a pre-loader on XML?

I'm not sure this is what you're looking for, but yes, you can preload
your XML. I've done it often--I load the XML from the server, and when
it's done I go about my other business. Often I'll have an XML loader
running simultaneously with other loaders. You just have to make sure
everything you need is preloaded before you start running.

> Also, is there a way to slowdown load time to test a preloader? I looked at a
> movie on another machine and it loaded slowly causing things to go ascue... I
> want to be able to test it on my machine - mine is faster so I am finding it
> hard to duplicate....

Use the Flash profiler.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson